Ron Burke, KB9DJA
Hendricks County ARES
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, was nominated for the 2014 Technical Excellence Award given by the Indianapolis Radio Club Council (IRCC). Click HERE for details
Ron Burke, KB9DJA, IRCC Outstanding Amateur of the Year
award recipient for 2014. You can click HERE for a picture of the award presentation. Click HERE for a close-up image of the award. Congratulations Ron !
HOMEPAGE QUICK - LINKS
Our thanks to these supporters of Amateur Radio in Hendricks County
- When you patronize our supporters, please mention
that you heard about them on this website
April 18, 2017
1) The Hoosier Hikers Council has requested that we provide amateur radio communications again for their annual Run With The Foxes event in Morgan / Monroe State Forest on May 20, 2017 from 9am and should be finished around 1 pm. If you are available to assist with this event, please contact Bill Elliott, N9JPX, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 765-346-1123.
2) The next monthly Hospital Simplex Net will be this Saturday May 20, 2017 starting at 10:30am, with Gordon Cotton, KD0EWM, hosting from Hendricks Regional Health Hospital. John Farmer, N9CQ, will be hosting from IU Health West Hospital. These monthly simplex nets are on 147.570MHz. The nets are used to check the performance and capability of our radios on a simplex frequency with hams in and around Hendricks County. This information will be of great value when called upon to provide communications during an emergency or disaster.
3) The 8th annual North Central Indiana Hamfest, sponsored by Cass County, Miami County, Grant County and the Kokomo Amateur Radio Clubs, will be on April 22nd from 8am until 1pm at the Miami County 4H Fairgrounds. Fairgrounds location is Co. Rd. 1029 W. and Co. Rd. 200 N. in Peru. Talk-in will be on the 147.345MHz repeater. General admission will be $5 at the door. For more information contact Steve Shepler, WA9RVM, at 765-661-5260 or at email@example.com.
4) The Dayton Hamfest will be May 19th through May 21st at its new location at the Green County Fairgrounds in Xenia Ohio. For more information go to www.hamvention.org.
5) If you are looking for experience in emergency communications, consider helping with one of the public service events in the area. Go to http://www.indyhams.org and click on EVENTS for some good options.
6) It’s always available: go to http://www.training.fema.gov/is, and earn the National Incident Management certifications that you do not already hold: IS-100b, IS-200b, IS-700a and IS-800b. These courses are a vital part of the Hendricks County ARES training.
7) April’s HCARES membership meeting will on April 19th, at the Senior Services Center, 1201 Sycamore Lane in Danville. It will be led by Gordon Cotton, KD0EWM, along with Rick Burdan, WB9DPN, showing us how to build antennas using some diagnostic equipment. This class will start at 7pm.
8) Attention all Hendricks County ARES members that have not had your photo taken for your new ARES ID card. Please contact Wayne Michael, AC9HP, at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to make arrangements for a photo shoot. Up-to-date photos are needed for the newly designed ARES ID card.
9) On April 22, 2017 there will be a Near Vertical Incidence Skywave (NVIS) Contest/Test from 9am until 4pm at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds located at 1900 E. Main Street in Danville. Check the Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society Clubs website at www.hcars.org for more details. Also have your antenna tested from 10pm to 3pm.
10) If you are a Ham residing in Hendricks County, and would be interested in working amateur radio emergency communications with a local hospital, please contact the Hendricks County ARES Emergency Coordinator Ron Burke KB9DJA at email@example.com.
11) Every third Thursday of the month, the Indiana Elmer Network (IEN), will hold an Amateur Radio testing session at the Aviation Institute of Maintenance. The facility is located at 7251 West McCarty Street in Indianapolis. Testing starts at 6pm and the cost is FREE. Please bring a photo ID and have your FCC FRN number.
• WA9YI: NVIS Test/Contest this Saturday, April 22nd – see #9
• KD9AGH: Volunteers needed for Field Day.
Contact Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org
• KJ9B: IRC will have bus to Dayton Hamfest; $30 round trip. Contact WS9H.email@example.com or visit http://indyradioclub.org
¢ April 19th, Wednesday : HCARES membership meeting (see #7 above)
¢ April 22nd, Saturday : NVIS Contest/Test (see #9 above)
» For these titles, and many more,
check out our Documents page
BILL GOUGE, AA9EG - Webmaster
Your business can support Amateur Radio too !
We display our business supporter's logo and a link to their website.
E-mail us for details
© 2011 - 2017 Hendricks County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
Webmaster: Bill Gouge
- AA9EG - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web hosting is provided by Hendricks County Communications Support Group
Hendricks County Amateur Radio Society club meetings: 2nd Monday of each month. HC Government Center at 7:00pm
ARES Net is held every Tuesday at 7:30pm on 147.015 MHz
Weak signals can get into the repeater better when transmitting a 123.0 Hz tone. However, a tone is NOT required.
RACES and SkyWarn Nets are called as needed - 147.165 MHz
Hospital Radio Nets are on 147.570 MHz simplex at 9:30am. All Hams are invited to participate.
DID YOU KNOW
This website can be viewed on a mobile device? Just "pinch & zoom" to enlarge content and "swipe" to navigate the pages.
When viewing on a desktop or laptop computer, hold down the <CTRL> key and press the + or - keys to zoom in or out. Use the + & - keys just below the function keys. Pressing <CTRL>0 returns the screen back to the default size.
ARES Press Coverage
Flyer Group newspaper about the Feb 14th Brownsburg Hamfest. You can check it out in the printed version, or click HERE for the on-line version.
American Legion magazine, March edition page 32. You can access the article by ckicking HERE.